We are taking bids on an exterior painting job in Vancouver, WA. We are going into a wet Fall season with temps in the 50’s and intermittent rain predicted for the the foreseeable future. Advisable to wait until spring or OK to do now? Thanks
The temperatures are fine but the rain will be a problem. As long as the house is dry and the temps are good, above 45-50, painting can take place. The painting contractor will have to choose their days and it will take extra time to finish.
You don't have to wait until spring but be aware that the contractor might not be able to work every day and they will have to stop working rather early so the paint has a chance to set up before the weather changes or the temperatures drop at night.