Mud Swirl Tool?

Ruth Barton Staff asked 4 years ago

What tool is used to apply a mud swirl pattern to a ceiling? The trowel swirl is obviously done with a trowel, but what about the mud swirl? We are repairing a ceiling and it has circle swirls with stalactites (pulled down points).

1 Answers
Anonymous Staff answered 6 years ago

Several come to mind. A 5 inch stipple texture brush from Marshalltown will make 5 inch swirls or a wider (8-11 inch) flat brush from Texmaster will also work for wider swirls. If you want to do this really cheap use some rolled up newspaper, cut one end with scissors (about 1 inch deep). Works good.

Your Answer

20 + 2 =