I have questions about ground rules surrounding how to paint deep skylight wells, recessed alcoves and an irregular cathedral ceiling. Specifically:
- Should deep skylight wells be painted the color of the walls (a popular greige) or left white?
- In alcoves on either side of a floor to ceiling fireplace, should all sides of the alcove be painted, i.e., top, sides and back?
- For an irregular cathedral ceiling, I’d like to share a photo of the ceiling lines to demostrate how I need help knowing when to leave the ceiling white and when to paint the greige color. If you’re open to my sending a photo, please let me know.
- Skylight should be painted same as the ceiling.
- Alcoves, yes these should be painted. A possibility is to use an accent color if it will look good.
- Sometimes vaulted ceilings can be a “pain.” Generally, wall color on all vertical surfaces with horizontal surfaces getting the ceiling color.
- Photo’s can be inserted into an answer using the image icon, third from the right. Or contact the site using this form- http://www.house-painting-info.com/contact-us/