5 Tips to Help You Choose the Right Painting Contractor
It can be overwhelming trying to find the right painting contractor to paint and protect your house, especially when there are so many contractors to choose from.
These 5 tips can help you find the right painting contractor.
- Licensed, Bonded, and Insured: It is essential to hire a contractor who is licensed and bonded for the multiple reasons:
- Depending on the state, an unlicensed contractor may be breaking the law by working without a license.
- It is difficult to determine if an unlicensed contractor can provide quality workmanship.
- A licensed contractor is normally required to have worker’s compensation insurance, whereas an unlicensed contractor may have no insurance at all. Because of this, you could possibly be subject to liability and a lawsuit if he gets harmed on your property.
- Previous Work and References: Does your contractor have any legitimate references? Finding out a contractor’s reputation can be as easy as looking at reviews on various business listing websites. If you want to get more in-depth, you can call their references before deciding.
- Guarantees: Does the contractor offer any guarantees? Guarantees are usually provided by the paint manufacturers on their products, but a good painting contractor will also offer a warranty on the work they do. Remember, if they offer a guarantee, always get it in writing.
- Price: Naturally, one of the biggest factors to take into consideration is the price that the contractor charges. Unfortunately, getting the lowest price is usually not recommended, as contractors who are experienced, licensed and insured, and have good references will charge more than unlicensed contractors. However, it does not need to be the highest bid either. Finding an equal ground between an experienced contractor at an affordable price can be difficult, but in the end will be worthwhile.
- Get Multiple Bids: You don’t have to seek out painting contractors one at a time. Try getting at least 3 bids from multiple contractors. You can then take the 4 previous points into consideration, and finally choose the right painting contractor!