Comparing House Painters
You should always compare your estimates from one contractor to another. Not all estimates are going to include the same materials, coats of paint, prep work, caulk and labor, that’s just a few examples.
When comparing one proposal with the next you can have a better understanding as to what your actually going to be paying for. You want to hire the painting contractor that will provide you the best VALUE, warranties, quality workmanship, quality materials and whom is knowledgeable and professional.
All house painters are not equal, I have composed a checklist that can be used the next time that you would like to hire a Painting Company.
- Does the painting contractor provide a written labor warranty?
- Does the painting contractor provide more than 5 references with names and numbers of satisfied customers? Past surveys?
- Does the painting contractor provide photos or videos of past projects?
- Does the painting contractor have any prior reports against them with the Better Business Bureau?
- Is the painting contractor insured?
- Is the painting contractor going to use quality products? (Primer, paint, stain, caulk)
- Does the painting contractor provide a free color consultation?
- Does the painting contractor provide a clearly outlined proposal in writing? Including the number of coats you will be getting?
- Does the proposal clearly include all labor, materials, warranty and equipment necessary to complete your project?
- Does the proposal include the proper preparation for your project? Washing of surfaces to be painted or stained, scraping of surfaces, primer, caulking, filling holes, etc. Covering your assets with plastic and drop clothes?
- Does the painting contractor perform moisture testing on exterior substrates, ensuring moisture levels are OK to apply paint or stain?
- Does the painting contractor provide you with information about safety, warranty, their company, proper preparation and the materials they will be using?
- Is the painting contractor knowledgeable and informative?
- Is the painting contractor punctual for your estimate?
- Is the painting contractor business like, professional and courteous?