How to Avoid House Painting Nightmares
Have you ever tried to do house painting yourself? For many, the results are not something about which they want to brag. If you are thinking about doing it again, here are a few tips on how to avoid those nightmares:
- Don’t try to paint the tall parts of your home. Leave your house painting project to the professionals. If you think that painting a second story or high gables is easy, think again. Professionals have experience and systems that allow them to get up the highest points of your outside space and get the job done quickly. One person trying do to it solo can actually be quite dangerous. A professional crew can get the job done quickly and efficiently.
- Preparation is essential to get a quality paint job. The professional should prepare the surface before painting. You should expect the contractor to remove all loose paint by scraping. Then the surface needs a thorough cleaning. If you have ever painted an exterior wall without proper preparation, you likely saw the cracking that paint does when it does not adhere.
- If you insist on painting your own home, then give yourself plenty of time. When a homeowner does an exterior paint job, they should expect to take at least twice as long as the professional did. Taking your time with a paint job is crucial for getting a neat, professional-looking job. Otherwise, you will be in the midst of a painting nightmare.
- Make sure you have good quality equipment before you tackle a painting job. This is something that trips up most do-it-yourselfers. They think they can go buy the cheapest supplies and have a professional result. That is just not going to happen. Cheap paint brushes will often fall apart within a few strokes. Cheap rollers will not roll paint evenly. House painting professionals usually invest in the equipment that lasts and gives professional results.
- Choose your paint color carefully, whether you do it yourself or hire a professional. The worst thing to do is have a paint color that everyone comments on when he or she passes by. While your favorite color might be purple, a bright purple house will stand out significantly from your neutral neighbors. If in doubt, find a color scheme a designers puts together for a paint company. It will keep your home safe.
If you follow these tips, you can avoid the nightmares of house painting gone wrong.
MASS Painters: Multi-faceted painting contractor services in Massachusetts. We provide interior and exterior painting of residential and commercial property’s in Framingham, MA.