Numerous spots in our home has the bull-nose metal showing (wall corners and windows sills, etc). How do I prep/re-paint those area? We have the ‘orange-peel’ texture on our walls as well.
1) Scrape off anything that is loose.
2) Spot prime damaged areas. Any good fast drying primer.
3) Apply Spackling or fast drying drywall mud with flexible putty knife, 3-4 inch wide should do. This is done by dragging the knife across the corner, perpendicular.
4) Carefully sand to get the round corner and retexture with a texture spray can if the repair is small.
5) Spot prime the repair and paint.