Knotty Pine Paneling with Faded Spots

Questions & AnswersCategory: Wood Finishing and Refinishing QuestionsKnotty Pine Paneling with Faded Spots
Anonymous asked 10 years ago

I have a small room with knotty pine paneling. The former owner must have hung pictures all around the room when it was new, and now there are unfaded patches of light wood in the shape of all the picture frames. Can I fade these patches to match the rest of the paneling?

1 Answers
Anonymous answered.

There is no way to "fade" these spots and have them look the same as the rest of the wall. You can try to polish the faded areas of the paneling to make look new or apply a coat of varnish to all of the paneling.