Our craftsman home in Oakland, California, with original shingles needs repair, priming and painting. October is usually dry, but we’ve had 2 rainstorms already. Should we wait until late spring to paint? I’m really concerned that the contractor will start, and then rain will ruin the effort.
Weather is always a concern. How your contractor will proceed depends on the type and amount of work, products needed as well as the forecast. Many paints are fine as long as they have a couple of days to dry before being subjected to wet weather, Sherwin Williams Resilience claims to need only a few hours before rain.
Discuss your concerns with the painting contractor and find out if the weather could cause postponing until next year.