What type of primer should I use on new drywall?

Peter Hazlewood Staff asked 4 years ago

I have new drywall and need a prime coat. What type is best?

2 Answers
M.A.C. Painting Staff answered 9 years ago

I recommend a Zinsser 123 interior/Exterior primer. Get the paint in whatever sheen you plan on putting on your top coat, two coats is best one will do. But make sure you have at least 3-4 coats of paint and primer together. You can even have the primer tinted to the color you are putting on the top coat. Good Luck.

Thank you
Adam Cavenagh

MagicDave Staff answered 8 years ago

Ask your paint store for "Latex Dry Wall Primer"… one coat will do it…

Your Answer

9 + 1 =